Totties Country Store
Florence Eleanor Van Reenen (nee Cross), was born in Dunedin New Zealand, in 1878. She arrived in South Africa as a Florence Nightingale Nurse during the Anglo Boer War. Affectionately named ‘Tottie’ by the Van Reenen family as she used to call her Grandchildren ‘Little Tots’. In 1922 Tottie started the original general dealer store and butcher shop in Rheenendal which serviced the needs of the staff from her husband’s sawmill and woodcutters from the Millwood district.
It was Tottie’s suggestion to call their farm ‘Rheenendal’ instead of the suggested Fescue Meadows - so to have some connection with the family name, and also with the place Rheenen in Holland which had family connections with her husband’s forebears.
2012 saw the arrival of the Van Reenen Family in the Redlands & Rheenendal District 100 years ago. Totties Farm Kitchen and Country Store has remained in the family and is run by her great-grandson and his wife.
• Visit Totties Country Store filled with objects and pieces of yesteryear offering homemade jams, preserves and more.
· A destination filled with history and heritage with many visuals to take you back in time.
· A store filled with homemade and handcrafted goods. Soaps and teas with a sense of humor.
· Good old fashioned biscuits, yellowwood wooden spoons with a difference.
· We also offer a family restaurant which has a rustic charm with an intimate character which regularly features live music by Georgio. (Restaurant is closed on a Monday).
• Or simply choose from our take-away window and learn from the locals what the Rheenendal Ramble has to offer.
What we offer
· Totties Country Store allows for an interesting and memorable shopping/browsing experience.
· We offer goods for ones own self or for a delightful and unusual gift.
· Watch your little ones eyes grow when they spot our ‘Candy Bar’.
· Our ever changing deli offers creations with a difference, especially after a Sunday Buffet.
· Fill the tummy with Sunday Buffet take-away meals (after 3pm), or phone your request through as this has become very popular amongst those not wanting to cook on a Sunday.
· Place an order for our freshly baked ciabatta rolls, homemade farm breads, country pies (the way granny used to make them!), milktarts, scones, muffins, cupcakes, pickled fish and more.
• Totties Country Store has its own petrol station.
Where to find us
Main Rd, Rheenendal.
We are situated 12.4 kilometers along the Rheenendal road, behind Totties Country Store and Petrol Station. The only petrol station along the Rheenendal road. The entrance to Totties Farm Kitchen is a small wooden latte gate on the right hand side of the establishment.
• GPS co-ordinates:
•Distance from Rheenendal turn-off:
Marian and Garth Van Reenen (owners).
• Tel: 044 3890092
• Cell: 071 683 0929
• E-mail: email@example.com
website design & maintenance by
© Copyright 2013. All rights reserved
crafts & markets