Totties Farm Kitchen - The place to eat, the place to meet, the place to play!
Florence Eleanor Van Reenen (nee Cross), was born in Dunedin New Zealand, in 1878. She arrived in South Africa as a Florence Nightingale Nurse during the Anglo Boer War. Affectionately named ‘Tottie’ by the Van Reenen family as she used to call her Grandchildren ‘Little Tots’. In 1922 Tottie started the original general dealer store and butcher shop in Rheenendal which serviced the needs of the staff from her husband’s sawmill and woodcutters from the Millwood district.
It was Tottie’s suggestion to call their farm ‘Rheenendal’ instead of the suggested Fescue Meadows - so to have some connection with the family name, and also with the place Rheenen in Holland which had family connections with her husband’s forebears.
2012 saw the arrival of the Van Reenen Family in the Redlands & Rheenendal District 100 years ago. Totties Farm Kitchen and Country Store has remained in the family and is run by her great-grandson and his wife.
• Visit Totties Farm Kitchen for a tranquil experience filled with tales of yesteryear and exquisite farm food enhanced by country fresh ingredients.
• A destination filled with history and heritage with many visuals to take you back in time.
• We have a passion for food and hospitality. Menu items are carefully selected with the ethos revolving around freshly prepared and carefully presented meals.
• Good old fashioned home-style cooking with menus changing on a regular basis.
• We are a family restaurant which has a rustic charm with an intimate character
We regularly feature live music by Georgio.
What we offer
Totties Farm Kitchen endeavors to give you a memorable dining experience which will satisfy your appetite while warming your heart. Some of our menu items include farm breakfasts, mouth-watering home-made burgers on our freshly baked ciabatta rolls, Shepherd’s Pie, Salmon Leek & Caper Quiche, Traditional Bobotie, Mixed Grill, Plaaskos, Tamatie Bredie, Spinach & Feta Quiche, Pickled Fish or Country Pies the way granny use to make it! We bake melktert, scones, muffins, cupcakes, cakes and farm bread daily.
Our wholesome Sunday Buffet offers starter, luscious salads, mains & desert @ R120 per head with live music. Fully licensed with an adorable children's playground.
Where to find us
Main Rd, Rheenendal.
We are situated 12.4 kilometers along the Rheenendal road, behind Totties Country Store and Petrol Station. The only petrol station along the Rheenendal road. The entrance to Totties Farm Kitchen is a small wooden latte gate on the right hand side of the establishment.
•Distance from Rheenendal turn-off:
Marian and Garth Van Reenen (owners).
• Tel: 044 3890092
• Cell: 071 683 0929
• E-mail: email@example.com
restaurant & tea gardens
website design & maintenance by
© Copyright 2014. All rights reserved