activities & places of interest
Forest Guided Tours
Forest Guided Tours offers interesting and specially fashioned guided tours into Knysna's lush emerald Indigenous Forests - bringing to light the wonders of the Forest's Flora,Fauna,Legend and Lore.
• Forest Guided Tours offers a fascinating introduction into the fern shaded
world of the magical and mystical Forests of Knysna.
• We offer the selection of a variety of routes according to your preferred pace as well as interests
ranging from the histories and mysteries of the Forest,Tree Identification, the Forest as an ecosystem or even those with more literary interests.
• The authors and books that were inspired by these Forests as well as the books that made an inspired difference to these Forests.
What we offer
• Forest Guided tours offers guided walks through the Indigenous Forests of the Millwood Goldfields,specially fashioned to suit your interests and preferred pace on:
• The Forest Flora,Fauna,Legend and Lore Guided Walk: Explore the wonders of the Indigenous Rainforest and it's mysterious and elusive inhabitants, find the remnants of a fascinating history from KhoiSan to Woodcutters, Goldhunters to Eccentric Naturalists.
• The Dalene Matthee "Circles in a Forest/Kringe in 'n Bos" Guided Walk Step into the world of the woodcutters and their Forest Lore, the world of the Elephants and Knysna Loerie - that inspired Dalene Matthee to write her four
famous Forest Novels. Visit www.dalenematthee.co.za for more.
• Discover old goldmining tunnels, woodcutter pits and the beauties of the
Where to find us
Operates from the Millwood Forest above Rheenendal.
Tours start from the Dalene Matthee Monument and Big Tree.
•Distance from Rheenendal turn-off:
Meagan Vermaas (owner).
• Tel: 044 388 4667
• Cell: 073 3636 522
• E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
(*video compiled by WAP Motion Promotional videos)
website design & maintenance by
© Copyright 2015. All rights reserved